Monday, August 27, 2012

Note to self...

  A few months ago, I wrote myself a note and tucked it away into an envelope where I wrote DO NOT TOUCH TIL AUGUST 26TH. Little did I know, this would be the night I closed the gate behind me at the convent at Our Lady of Prompt Succor in Westwego, LA, with my parents waving goodbye on the other side.

"Dear Jessica, 
   Sometimes it's going to get tough, but remember, God is there for you. Cheering you on, right there with you. Feel like crying? Go for it. Just remember, you're not alone, not even a little. It's just a long way home. Remember, you're not HOME yet, so don't get too comfortable. You're gonna make it."

   I guess I was right all those months ago when I first wrote myself that little note. I'm not alone at all. The Salesian Family has taken me under their wings in so many ways (and it's only been a few days!). It's so amazing to know that there are so many loving people out there, especially though, that there are so many right here in New Orleans who have my back.
  So here's to my journey as a Salesian Domestic Volunteer this year and to all the SDV's and SLM's out there getting ready for their missionary years away from home. I don't know about "y'all", as they say it down here, but my future, starts now.

MHC Pray for us
SJB Pray for us




1 comment:

  1. and how good was it to have yourself with a great reminder... "you're gonna make it" no matter how tough things get.!! best of luck! <3

    ReplyDelete